Melancholy Playlist: A Curation of Sublimely Miserable Songs
Sometimes you just want to feel sad, and that’s okay. Everyone has bad days.
This playlist promises to be there for you when you just feel like laying in bed and staring at the ceiling. Maybe you’re feeling bad because you weren’t able to achieve a goal, or perhaps work really sucked today. Maybe you’re feeling bad for no reason at all.
So if you’re resonating with this post, turn up these tunes all the way to eleven, and feel some comfort in knowing everyone gets touches of melancholy sometimes. Just remember, the good days are right around the corner.
- What I Am – Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
- Shadowboxer – Fiona Apple
- Our Corner of the Universe – K.S. Rhoads
- New York – Peter Silberman
- Habit – Gabrielle Shonk
- Samson – Regina Spektor
- Ophelia – The Lumineers
- New Skin – TORRES
- Horseshoe Crab – Slothrust
- The Killing Moon – Echo & the Bunnymen
- Asleep – The Smiths
- Just Like Honey – The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Rivers and Roads – The Head and the Heart
- Untitled – Interpol
- Bird’s Lament – Moondog
- Two Weeks – Grizzly Bear
- Heart of Chambers – Beach House
- Hey – The Pixies
- Feel The Pain – Dinosaur Jr.
- Sadly Beautiful – The Replacements
If you have a Spotify account, you can check out the playlist here:
What are some of the songs you listen to when you’re feeling down? Let us know in the comments.